Thursday, January 26, 2012

How to Roast a Chicken

Hello. I apologize for my lack of "postage" lately. I am so busy trying to get my surprise ready to reveal... and I'm working overtime this week... so it's been a lot of freezer meals this week, etc. :) (yes, I just said "freezer meals" on a food blog. sorry!)


We did roast a chicken not too long ago, and I thought I'd share my "recipe". 

I like to wash the chicken with water first. Then I slather on a whole bunch of canola oil and sprinkle the heck out of it with salt & pepper. 

That's really it. It's simple, but its delicious. You can add lemon or garlic or sage or whatever... but this is really where it is at. Oil, salt & pepper. 


I like to roast it at 425 degrees for about an hour- hour 1/2. Depends on the bird. I usually peek at about 45 minutes and sometimes have to cover it with foil or the skin will burn.


Oh yes, and here's a look at my breakfast one day. I really just wanted to share my neat plate I found at Hobby Lobby with the rooster! Cute. 

But I had 2 "dippy" eggs as Aaron calls them and a slice of toast with PB and honey. 


Ok, I'm off to work. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment